Christmas Crackers

Lori decided that we would work on a secret special project together and we decided to make it Christmas Crackers.  Make sure you go to the Love Is In The Details Blog to see Lori's amazing crackers!!!! I was so excited that Lori had the snappers for the crackers and sent me some. Finally this year our crackers are going to snap!!!! Thank you Lori!!!

Every year I create Christmas Crackers for Christmas Eve. It is a tradition my Mom and I started about fifteen years ago when we were sick of the junky stuff inside the crackers we would buy at the store.
I love picking out the little gifts for each of my boys but this year I decided to do something a little different.

*THE FOLLOWING IS ALL TOP SECRET*

*NO DUTKA'S BEYOND THIS POINT*

Inside of each cracker is a Cadbury Chocolate bar, the traditional party hat, a joke and a secret clue for each person. Once the clues are solved it will lead the boys to a special gift hidden in the house.


 Yum!!! I should have bought an extra one to make sure it tastes okay!

 Everything fit in perfectly!!!

 Ready to wrap!!!!

 Each cracker is wrapped in tissue paper and then tied with ribbon.
I added corrugated cardboard and the wine sticker from the Love Is In The Details Store - they were the perfect size!

Each cracker has a unique die cut, (Sizzix & Nestabilities) and the patterned paper matches their place card so no ones gets mixed up.

So do you want to know what the secret hidden gift is??? Can you keep a secret???

The clues will lead them to this....


A great game that we can play after dinner!!!!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Holidays Everyone!!!

6 comments:

~Lori~ said...

I love them Amber, and I think the idea of a clue inside to find this game is just such a fabulous idea. So cute - awesome job!

Janet said...

What a cute idea! We always have crackers too, Amber,. but always buy ours. I didn't know you could get the 'snappers' anywhere to make your own. Does the store sell the snappers?

Amber said...

Yes the snappers are available at Love Is In The Details!!!! Thanks ladies!!!!

Chelsea said...

LOVE them, Amber!! I am going to have to try and make our own next year!

redmom said...

Those are so cute and fun! I love that you added clues to each of them!

Tara said...

How did I miss these?? I love crackers, I always buy more than I should....have never made my own tho, I love them Amber and I would love to know how the game Funglish is too!